Primate Knits

Monday, January 28, 2008

2007 Year in Review

Before I start posting about what I have done so far this year, I did want to take some time and review what I got done last year. I made a bunch of resolutions last year and posted them here. I was pretty good overall, although I tanked in some specific areas.

Stash Reduction:

My sock and general stash reduction goals were not met. At all. I was great about this for the first few months of the year, but then I the whole 'dieting' thing got to me and I broke. I am happy that my stash did not get bigger at least - my new acquisitions roughly equal my yarn used. I am okay with that. But this year, well...my resolutions are going to look a bit different.

Organization:

I had pledged to make a database for all things knitting. I started it....and then Ravelry came along. They incorporated everything I wanted and way more. I am absolutely in awe of their vision and execution of this personal database + community + ultimate reference site. Thanks for completing this resolution for me, Jess & Casey!


Want to Learn:

This didn't get much checked off. Overall, I think I improved my knitting abilities, especially in the finishing and colorwork areas. But - most of the specific areas (steeks, cardigans, improving spinning, and entrelac) I didn't end up working on at all. This year I will see what I can do about this.

Projects to Knit or Finish:

Of the 12 sweaters I wanted to knit or finish, I completed 6 of those listed (Hourglass, Erin, Cheesy Puffs, Zara, Rogue, generic grey turtleneck) and subbed Cobblestone for Joseph. While not meeting my goal of 12, I am pretty happy with finishing 7.

All in all, I finished 39 projects in 2007:

7 sweaters
21 pairs of socks
4 hats/head covering stuff
3 scarves
1 kitty pi
1 pair handwarmers
1 bad juju doll
1 pair of warshcloths

I have many of these projects up on Ravelry, but I am still working on getting better about photographing my projects. Especially with my socks. I will try to get better about documenting FOs, and Ravelry is a good incentive to do this. So this is my pictureless, verbous, year end round up for 2007.

Next up - what I have been doing this year so far and resolutions, smesolutions.....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Bad Amy said...

T-t-t-twenty t-t-two pair o'socks! Holy poo! I think you deserve a trip to the LYS ;) mwahahaha!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Bad Amy said...

I gave you the benefit of doubt that that 22nd one sprang off the needles, didn't I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home