Primate Knits

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas 2007 FOs

I was able to get most of what I wanted done gift-wise....although some of the gifts should be more accurately named New Year's gifts, rather than xmas gifts. But, to finish off the year, I wanted to document the final tally for xmas '07.

I was able to finish the second Brigit sock, and the sparkly socks for my mom. Some cardstock, a printer, a few rubber stamps , and some markers and you have four nicely packaged gift socks (brigit socks not pictured):

For my friends in CT, I already had the armwarmers and 1 hat done, and just had to finish these slipper socks. The pattern is Log Cabin Socks. I used Rowan Cork in Delight, and followed the modifications from doggedknits to make them a bit thicker.


All 3 of my LYSs were out of the Fibertrends full soles, so I had to use the 2 piece set. It was okay, but I would have preferred the full soles. Ah, the perils of waiting until the last minute....


I also was able to finish a hat for my sis. This was actually done, washed, and wrapped for xmas eve. I gave her a hat for xmas last year (it was lovely, a wool and alpaca mix), but she felted it accidentally (!). She is a postal worker and I wanted to keep her warm, but I am also no dummy. So, this year, she gets Mission Falls superwash wool.


I found the snowflake chart somewhere on the web, and just winged a pattern from there. I was almost sad to give it up.

So, to tally, for Christmas '07 I gifted:

4 pairs of socks
2 hats
1 pair of armwarmers
1 pair of slipper socks

This is much down from last year, and I am glad I paired down. This was a really busy semester, and it was stressful enough.

And, last but not least, I want to give thanks for my wonderful husband. He got me all sorts of fantastic stuff for xmas, including knitting stuff that I have been coveting for a looong time. Including:

4 balls of Classic Elite Waterlily in a lovely deep brown
2 hanks of Claudia Handpaints in Summer Fields (so excited.....)
2 balls of Lang Jawoll in charcoal and 1 in a blues and dark reds variegate
and 1 ball of SRK On Your Toes which has aloe in it.
He also got me some addi turbos, size 15 bamboo straights, some great books, and some fun games (including Zombie Flux and Zombies: School's Out). I am giddy. Thanks, babe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home