Primate Knits

Saturday, February 10, 2007

February Update (resolutions & sweater progress)

I was hoping to post on the first (or there-abouts) of each month to do sort of a 'how's that whole resolution thing going' status report. I'm a bit late but here it is:

Stash resolution:
Yarn bought since January 1: 0....nada.....for real....not a skein.
Number of socks knitted since sock stash reduction resolution: 4 (all plain vanilla, 3 for me and 1 for a gift).

Number of sweaters completed for Knit a sweater a month -along: 1 (hourglass, scroll down)

Wow! I have a yarn inventory, which is fairly accurate (my kitchen cotton isn't in there), and according to that I knit 12.81 skeins in January, which is a stash weight loss of 2.38 lbs.

Very cool. A note about that....for the most part, KIP still count as stash until the project is complete. I feel really good about this, and although I am coveting some new sock yarn, I am keeping myself in check. Really inventorying what I have and setting some goals has helped. I took a picture of all of my sock yarn stash when I started this resolution, and have been crossing off skeins that have been knit, and CO means cast on. Here is what the yarn stash looks like today:


As for the sweater a month knitalong:

I have no new pictures to show you. I have pictures, but my hubby has magically made 2 card readers wander away, so I can't get the pix onto my 'puter to show. But here is my verbal accounting:

January sweater: Done

February sweater: Zara from Rowan in Big Wool. Currently front, back, and both sleeves are complete. Shoulders are all seemed, and now I just need to finish seeming the sides, and pick up and knit the neck. Should be done this week, easy.

March sweater: Cheesy Puffs for my DH. The back is 10 rows from completion. Then, I need to block it and make sure that the measurements are alright before I continue. The yarn is coned, and my test swatch shows that it blooms significantly when washed.

My Erin sweater still hasn't been touched. Poor thing.

That's it. I should have pix next week of the cheesy puffs update, and Zara completed.

I hope it fits.....

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Bad Amy said...

Your whole notion of a stash weight-loss program is just cracking me up to no end!

I gave Mono some bananas so don't let 'em tell you any different. Silly monkey ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home