Primate Knits

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Christmas Status and Selfish Knitting

I tend to be a rebellious kinda person, so all this 'have-to' knitting was making me a bit buggy. Not that I don't want to knit for others, I love to. But it was starting to feel like homework. I've been kind of apathetic about knitting, wondering from WIP to WIP. I finally figured out that I needed to start something fun to mix in with the gift knitting. And I went looking and found this:


No, not the monkey, the sock yarn! It is fun fun fun sock yarn in (get this) Trick or Treat Colorway from Girl on the Rocks' Etsy Shop. I just got it in the mail today, and LOVE it!

I also am trying this again:


It's the Retro-prep pullover in Goblin. I really want this, and I guess having to frog half of the body (see September posts) didn't change that. So, I cast on again and am about 4 inches into the body. My goal is to wear this sweater and my trick or treat socks on Halloween.

As for Christmas Knitting, I finished square #3 fon my mom's afghan, and crocheted, ripped out, and crocheted again 2 of the squares together and I think I have that down. I am also half way done with the front of my sister's Moll tank in Cork, and my BF's Austermann socks look like this:


I feel okay about where I am at with the gift knitting, and I am excited again now that I have some really fun stuff on the needles. We'll see.....

I am in the spooky SP in Knitty and sent my first package off the my downstream gal on saturday. I hope she likes it! I also sent a pattern to my upstream. I hope I'm using the right lingo, this is all new. Anyway, I am really excited about this, and am having a hard time stopping the shopping for my downstream. I made some fun stuff, too, but am keeping mum until after this is over.

That's it for now. I leave you with this pic of two of the sweetest cats ever....at least for the few moments I caught them on camara.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Bad Amy said...

You will be a Halloween fashion explosion!! I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home