Primate Knits

Monday, September 11, 2006

Fiber Festival Part 2 .....(way late, sorry!)

Okay, so it has been multiple weeks since I last posted. I started this blog to talk about knitting and share the stuff I do with other knitters (my DH can only nod and smile so much), but then I get kind of overwhelmed when I get behind and then I just haven't been posting anything. SO (breath after very long sentence), I am just going to de-stress and post a little at a time and try to do it more often. *sigh* much more relaxing.

I am going back to the fiber festival, because I took all sorts of photos of the fun stuff I bought, and I simply must share!
So-first. Bad Amy and I started at Mielke's Farms and got little bags of samples of a bunch of different fibers: corn silk, soy silk, real silk, merino, some blends. It was fiber heaven!


I also got a drop spindle there. Bad Amy and I are both saving for a wheel, but I wanted to be able to play with the fibers in the mean time. Next, we went to see the Silver Fox Ladies and scored some Camel, Yak, Linen, and some beautiful dark superfine alpaca fibers. So exciting! We were then off to Sandy's Palette (she is so nice!) where I scored some beautiful hand-spun and hand dyed sock yarn, some mohair and some silk:I found BUFFALO for super cheap (okay--relatively.....) which was very exciting, and then I got some very nice wool roving from Centennial Farm Wools. I also picked up the softest alpaca ever from Circle R ranch and a bunch of black mreino roving from (?) that made my heart go pitter-patter and was sheered from Percy the sheep. Then--my inner child, who(m?) grew up in the 1980's came out and would not be denied:
This is from Blackberry Ridge, and it is a great pattern. I have to admit, though, it was the colors that sold me. Rainbowy! I just had to have it. Speaking of absolutely having to have something:
This is superwash merino sock yarn called Grandma's Blessing from Briar Rose. It is gorgeous and I can't wait to knit this. But--I must wait until I am a little farther with my Christmas knitting. This is most of my fiber fest booty. Oh wait! One more thing. I got some really soft fiber from Sheepy Thyme Farm. It was really soft, and very nice. The thing that made me really need it though, was the label. Take a look:

Yes, that's right - mutant sheep and angora blend. How cool is that? My husband thought that it was great, so added bonus that he felt it was a necessary purchase.

So this was our adventure at the Michigan Fiber Festival. Definitely a worthwhile, fun, event. I can't wait to dig in. Last, but not least, a pic of what we looked like after it was all over:

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Bad Amy said...

Who IS that?! Oy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home