Primate Knits

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Baby blanket???

I thought that I would never have an occasion to knit a baby blanket for a handful of reasons. First, I have no kids, only cats. Second, my family tends to have a pretty low reproductive rate, so no kids there. Third--I have a physiological issue with pastels. But, my husband's cousin recently had his second baby, a gorgeous little boy, and I just felt the need. I wanted to make it out of cotton, and to be more colorful rather than just baby blue. Here it is:


I used Bernat CottonTots in five colors. I double stranded on size 13 needles. I cast on 50 stitches of pink, knit stockinette until the ball was out, and switched to yellow then knit until the (almost) end and cast off. I did the same with the blue and green. I then had 2 panels which I seamed together. I then used the purple, and picked up stitches and did a seed stitch border. Very easy. It took me almost as long to suck it up and weave in the ends as it did to knit the whole blanket. I am finally going to send it off tomorrow. The baby is now 4 months old......but.....better late then never, right?

4 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger knitting-cat said...

Nice job on the blanket. It looks sort of cool. The directions are easy to follow.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Lara said...

I swung by from the knitty board.

Cute blanket! I think with the heat lately, the baby didn't need the blanket 'til now anyway. ;)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger tocspaw said...

What a cheery baby blanket!! It looks great :-)

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Bad Amy said...

I like your toes! heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home